What’s an older book or movie that you think the youth of today should read/watch? Why?
Message to foreigners at Japanese convenience store sparks controversy online
- What do you think of the sign that was posted at the convenience store? If you saw a sign like that in person, what would you think or do?
- Why do you think the convenience store posted this sign? What do you think would have been a better way for the convenience store to solve the communication issues they’re having?
- Do you ever use “kore” and point at the item you are ordering when ordering at a convenience store or restaurant?
- Have you ever had any problems with miscommunication or receiving the wrong order at a convenience store or restaurant? How did you handle the situation?
- Do you have any ideas of ways that convenience stores and restaurants can help make ordering easier for foreigners in Japan?
- When traveling overseas, have you ever had a difficult time ordering at restaurants or fast food places? If so, what was difficult about it? What would have helped make the situation better?